Instead of using ACTIVATE, try using LOAD icon from the HMC/SE?  This should allow you to see and change your IPL address if needed.

Kurt Acker

Steve Gentry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

09/30/2006 02:46 PM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: IPL Problems

Your welcome.

When our CE would come in and put maint on our mainframe, sometimes the ACTIVATION PROFILE would get changed.  I'd forget about this from time

to time and get totally stumped as to why it wouldn't IPL.  What really used to get me, is, because the ACTIVATION PROFILE rarely changes, I'd forget

which one I used last and would have to wake up some brain cells to try and remember.

And since you mentioned an A1 IOCP, etc.  I'd almost bet that is what has happened.

Steve

"Loren Charnley, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

09/30/2006 12:38 PM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System