Has anyone succeeded in making a VM system print to Ricoh Aficio 3045 PCL 5e or Ricoh Aficio 3235C Multifunctional copiers via RSCS?

We’ve recently replaced a lot of our photocopiers with these machines, which are connected to the Windoze network to allow printing from the PCs.  I now need to add some of them to the list of devices that our VM users can access, and tried defining one to RSCS as follows:

LINKDEFINE LAT164   TYPE LPR  AST FORM *

PARM LAT164 PRINTER=LAT164  EXIT=LPRXPSE EPARM='SEP=NO' HOST=159.197.66.166

It’s started – output from “SM RSCS Q SYS Q” shows:

Link

Name     Status     Sending Receiving Queued Looping Held

CTC073   released         1         0      2       0    0

But that’s how it stays – the files that have been sent never appear as printed pages.  It can be ‘ping’ed from the mainframe so I don’t think there’s a routing problem.

I have many other networked printers defined to VM, which work fine.  For example, an HP Color Laserjet 8550, defined in a similar way:

LINKDEFINE N500LAS2 TYPE LPR  AST FORM *

PARM N500LAS2  PRINTER=N500LAS2 EXIT=LPRXPSE EPARM='SEP=NO' HOST=159.197.65.204

Have I got these things correctly defined to RSCS, or is there some configuration option that needs to be set in the printer itself?

Roy Harrop

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify our Help Desk. Email
[EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately.
You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose
nor disclose their contents to any other person.

NATS computer systems may be monitored and communications
carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the
system and for other lawful purposes.