On Wednesday, 10/11/2006 at 11:02 AST, "Stracka, James (GTI)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know that this can be done in a NETVIEW NCCFLST but I would like to do
this
> as a VM/VTAM GCS routine.
>
> Can EXECIO or PIPE, or some other function, be run in a GCS routine in
VMVTAM
> to trap the output of a command such as:
>
>         d route,destsub=02

The way you do this in GCS is exactly the way NetView does it: by using a
"secondary programmed operator" ACB (APPL AUTH=SPO) to talk to VTAM and
get responses.

An example of such a program is VTAMOP, a VTAM/GCS application written by
Bob Pesner back in the 80s and published on VMSHARE.  The nice thing was
that it accepted SMSGs, could handle simultaneous commands from multiple
users, and you could apply your own authorizations.  A copy is available
in the VMSHARE archives at
http://vm.marist.edu/~vmshare/browse?fn=VTAMOP&ft=NOTE.

Not knowing what you want to do with the output (hand to human, process by
program, ...), it's somewhat difficult to know whether VTAMOP is what you
need.