Yeah, I know what it means.  I was just not expecting the size reserved

for the dump to *grow* when I did the SET DUMP DASD.

I have no intentions to allocate another SPOOL volume.  We run only Linux

guests and there's little demand for spool space.

The other thing of interest is that since the last IPL the SPOOL space

reserved for the DUMP has approximately doubled (as evidenced by it being

split nearly equally between the 2 volumes before the SET DUMP DASD) and

*none* of that doubling is attributable to SPXTAPE.

Brian Nielsen

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:09:35 -0700, Schuh, Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrot
e:

>If you have another pack that you can use, I would suggest formatting it
,
allocating it a SPOL pack, and designating it as a dump pack in your
system config. That 91% that you see for Z52SP2 is mostly allocated for

DUMP. You have, in effect, a 1-pack SPOOL system plus the DUMP files.
Since contiguous pages are allocated for the dumps at ipl (unless DUMP is

set OFF), you will always see the disparity between the 2 packs and all o
almost all of your normal spooling will be on the other, non-dump, pack.