Thanks....

That is what I was looking for, but right now it is meaningless...
HCP1122E .....something about a "give" command for a tape drive.
My first reaction is we don't do "gives".
But, I now know that DYNVM does.
When DYNVM attaches a tape drive to VSE in response to a DYNAM/VSE
mount request, it is actually a "give" that is done.

Now, 30 seconds before the disabled wait, Operations detached a set of
tape drives (that may have been given by dynvm) from one VSE to the VSE
that had the disabled wait.  I would have thought that if I was going to
have a problem, it would be from the VSE that had the tape drives
detached.  But the OPERATOR console log shows that 1 second after
GEACESA4 closed a dynam tape (the tape drive was manually attached to
GEACESA4), GEACESA4 crashed with the disabled wait.  Hummm......

Thanks

At least I have some tangent to go on.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/16/2006 2:45 PM >>>
Hello Tom,

        I believe that the 1122 is the HCP1122E

The format of the disabled wait state PSW is shown below:
xxxxyyyy zzzzwwww
where:
xxxx 000A - a disabled wait state
yyyy 0000
zzzz 0000
wwww   is the disabled wait state code. This disabled wait state code
is
a CPmessage number except for the following situations:

1. CP loads wait state 0FFF after shut down when either a timeout is
specified for SHUTDOWN or the default signal timeout is not zero. The
default signal timeout is set with the SET SIGNAL SHUTDOWNTIME
command or system configuration file statement.

2. The operator specifies the wait state code by using the WAIT
operand
on the SHUTDOWN command. The WAIT operand allows any hex
value from 0000 to FFFF.

HCP1122E command was not performed. Tape vdev has been given to user
userid.
Explanation: The command could not be performed because you are no
longer the owner of the real device associated with the virtual device
specified as vdev.

This occurs when you have issued the GIVE command
with the RETURN option for this device. command may be either IPL,
REWIND, or RESET.
System Action: The command is not performed, and
system operation continues.
User Response: You will not be able to issue this
command to this virtual device until the current owner
of the device detaches it.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723