On 17 Oct 2006 at 18:13, Marcy Cortes wrote:

> I kind of went through a similar thing last week with 2 5.2.0 systems.
>
> Try a Detach with a leave option from the writing system, then vary off
> from there.
> Then try it on the other system.
>

> Marcy Cortes

Thank you Marcy!
This did the trick. I did it as I read it, not as you wrote it...
> Try a Detach with a leave option from the writing system
I understood that to mean the *mounting* system, the one
with RMS installed that can mount the tape. There, after
mounting the required volume, I detached with LEAVE,
varied OFFLINE, and then my other LPAR was able
to use the tape.

Thanks!
Shimon
**
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.     http://www.poboxes.com/shimonpgp
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 530-9877  fax: 530-9308
**