> Hi,
> I read in z/VM I/O Configuration manual Sc24-6100-01 how to use
> CBDSACT REXX utility to activate a new IODF. Is there a method
> to use HCM to activate a new IODF?
> --
> Craig Dudley

I must admit that when I saw your post, I thought
I was seeing double or something... :-)
I have never used HCD/HCM, and thought IODF
was purely a z/OS concept.

Anyway, I took a look at that manual you mentioned,
and it has a section on activation:

1.7           Chapter 7.  How to Activate or Process Configuration Data
1.7.1         Build a Production IODF
1.7.2         Build an IOCDS or IOCP Input File
  1.7.2.1       Build an IOCP Input File
  1.7.2.2       Using the IOCP File as Input for the CHPID Mapping Tool
1.7.3         How to interact with the CHPID Mapping Tool
  1.7.3.1       Process overview
  1.7.3.2       How to insert or update PCHIDs
1.7.4         Specify a Production IODF for IPL
1.7.5         Activate a Configuration Dynamically
  1.7.5.1       Actions to Change Your Configuration Dynamically
  1.7.5.2       Making Both Hardware and Software Dynamic Changes
  1.7.5.3       Making Software-Only Dynamic Changes
  1.7.5.4       Dynamically Changing an I/O Configuration in LPAR Mode
  1.7.5.5       Dynamically Changing Components in an I/O Configuration
  1.7.5.6       Testing Dynamic Activation
  1.7.5.7       Recovery during Dynamic Configuration
  1.7.5.8       Detection of Illegal Split/Merge of LCU

No... I didn't *read* it... but it does look like it ought
to have the answers you need, particularly 1.7.5.

Shimon