How many processors are you running on?  We started with one IFL, and
WebSphere & HTTP don't play well in a uniprocessor environment.  We
started to have intolerable levels of CPU wait at about 70% utilization.
 The second processor made a world of difference.

Richard Heritage
Lead Systems Software Engineer
IT @ Johns Hopkins

>>> Marcy Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/25/06 6:45 PM >>>

It does depend :).  We have a WAS application, running on multiple
SuSE
instances as well, also talking to DB2 on z/OS and using MQSeries.
It
has very strict response time requirements.   If it can't do all of
its
stuff and respond to the client (the ATM systems) within 2 seconds,
those other systems "standin" and give the customer the money anyway
(based on some rules).  At somewhere near 80% here queues build up
causing more cycles to be used process them, etc. and standins to
occur
and folks pagers to start vibrating.  I once ran something on another
virtual machine at very low priority (share relative 10) thinking I
could as someone said, mop up some of those extra cycles...  Wrong!!

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on
this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."