If this shows up twice, I apologize. I first sent it 2 hours ago and it hasn't
hit the archives as yet.

Over the weekend, we upgraded our final system to 5.2. As a part of the
migration, we changed old PARM extents to PERM and allocated new PARM extents.
When we tried to ipl the system, there were errors that led me to the
conclusion that the IPL program had been corrupted. Using DDR on another
system, I observed that record 0 0 2 had been completely wiped out. There were
a few scattered bits that were not 0 in the first 100-200 bytes, nothing that
was any kind of pattern, and the rest of the record was all 0. Records 1, and
3-6 were all as they should have been. I had to  run SALIPL to fix the IPL
program.

I am not blaming CPFMTXA ALLOCATE because I think it highly unlikely that it
was the cause. I suspect that something else happened between the previous IPL
and yesterday's failed attempt. Has anyone else seen this kind of corruption or
are we, once again, unique?

Regards,
Richard Schuh