Most CMS MODULEs are variable length instead of fixed length.  Since XEDI
strips trailing blanks from variable length records when the file is save
or filed, it can cause future executions of the MODULE to fail if some of

those trailing blanks were used by the MODULE.  This can happen if the

last item defined in the program contains trailing blanks.  This could be

an explicity defined item or generated by the Assembler, (literal pool).

This happened to me one time and it took a while to figure out what the

problem was!  :-)>  That's why it's safer to change it with PIPEs, it
doesn't remove trailing blanks from a record unless you tell it too.

Dale R. Smith
Technology Services Senior
IBM Global Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1-614-481-1608

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:07:50 +0200, Shimon Lebowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>