I was attempting to do a quick IP startup using files created from
IPWIZARD.  I say quick, as I only wanted that setup so I could ftp my
files from the z/VM 5.1 IP stack.

Anyway, am I correct in that the IPWIZARD doesn't handle a supernet?

My netmask is 255.255.252.0
I think the proper network address is 192.168.192/22.

Anyway, when I process the configuration (PF5 in IPWIZARD), I get:

DTCIPW2508I DTCIPWIZ EXEC is attempting to create the necessary

DTCIPW2508I configuration files

The TCP/IP stack (TCPIP) must be restarted as part of this procedure.
Would
you like to restart TCPIP and continue?

Enter 0 (No), 1 (Yes)

1

USER DSC   LOGOFF AS  TCPIP    USERS = 10    FORCED BY MAINT

DTCIFC2631E "" is not a valid subnet mask

What I was trying to do....

I currently have z/VM 5.1 running in two LPARS.
I have z/VM 5.2 running under each VM as a guest.
>From an IP point of view, I wanted to simulate these two 5.2 guests as
running on their own LPARs.  That is, I'm attaching tripple OSA
addresses (real hardward) to the first level guest (VMTEST) so they can
be attached to TCPIP on the second level guest.  So from an IP point of
view, it should look like I have 4 VM IP stacks running.

In the old days, I would have linked first level minidisks to the
second level guests as real disks, and transferred files that a way.
But now, once you setup IP on the second level guest, I can FTP files
back and forth in a lot less time then staging things thru disk.

Since I've been on z/VM 5.1, we were assigned a supernet and that seems
to be breaking the quick and easy way of setting up the IP stack.

Am I correct that ipwizard isn't setup to do everything (like
supernets)?
If not, I'll stop beating my head into this wall and find another wall
<G>

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting