On 12/1/06, Miguel Delapaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I "delete this message" are I not, by definition, "taking any action
based on it"?

And discussing it on the list would certainly qualify as "taking any action" ...

With the list of subscribers change at will, one would have a lot of
trouble to defend that the mail was "intended for a specific
individual" at all, and I am waiting for someone to sue the listserv
for resending the notes anyway...

Those affected and embarrassed by such features of their e-mail
configuration may agree that these make it not suitable for posting on
public mailing lists. I can only suggest to use something like gmail
instead. If you want, you can make your 'from:' address still match
your business e-mail address. Bonus in the case of gmail is the
ability to search your mail..

Rob