From: Brian Nielsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 10:02 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: OSA configurations

In short, yes.  The port would be set up as a trunk port so that all the
traffic can reach it.  After that, traffic for the IP addresses registered
to the OSA card by TCP stacks on the mainframe will be delivered to their
appropriate TCP stack, thus achieving whatever security access you've set
up.

You may want to use VLAN's in the network to further increase confidence in
the isolation and security.  You would need to work with your network folks
to set up the VLAN numbers & IP ranges that would correspond to the various
access levels you defined.

Brian Nielsen

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:20:00 -0000, Dusha, Cecelia Ms. WHS/ITMD
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>This is probably a dumb question, but I don't know the answer...
>
>Is it possible for a single OSA port to be a part of 3 different
>network types (trusted, private and public)?  In other words, can it be
>set up to use IPL addresses in the range of the trusted, private and
>public?  If so, what would be required on the network side to handle
>this?  And what are
the