I know it's not what you're asking, but personally, I'd try to avoid the DESBUF unless there's a GOOD reason for it. In this case, I'd probably opt for a Makebuf/Dropbuf pair around the LISTFILE/Parse instructions

Zoltan Balogh wrote:
Hi again!

ive got more rexx program , and in first step i would like to automatize
them for start them after the previous finished.
the problem is that, when i start them from command prompt, they run nicely. But after i made a rexx program like this, the second program dont want to
run correctly, it "freez":
---------------
/* */
'firstrex'
'secondrex'
'thirdrex'
----------------

The rexx programs are very complex (wrote by other ones), so i wont paste
all of them, but i find where the rexx stop.

(The part of the REXX where the script stops, when i start from an another
REXX):
------------------------------
/* */
'SET IMSG OFF'
'SET EMSG OFF'
'ERASE INFO SAVE A'
trace off
trace O
say 'Link to the DB save disk running, Please WAIT'
/*QSQLDMK1 = '      QSQLDMK1  Pas de sauvegarde'*/
'LISTFILE SAVE LINK A (ALL STACK'
Parse Pull . . . . . nb .
'DESBUF'
         Do K=1 to nb
         'EXECIO 1 DISKR SAVE LINK A'
         Parse Pull server dsk .
say 'Im here right now'
I dont get back the line i inserted between the lines. So the Parse Pull may be wrong. (I tried to paste the say line to other places too, so i KNOW the
problem is
with Parse Pull or EXECIO). But why?

Can you help me?

Zoltan

PS: Sorry if its a double post, but i cant find this mail in archives (i
posted this before 1-2 hours before)