  From: Kris Buelens
  Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:48 PM
  Subject: Re: problem with an old vm/esa environment after migration to a
flex-estserver

  Here's my EXEC.

  Kris,
  IBM Belgium, VM customer support

        "Pohlen (Mailinglist)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
              The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

       To IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
              cc
              Subject Re: problem with an old vm/esa environment after
migration to a flex-es tserver

  Hi Kris,

  it seems to be dasd paging, because there is also heavy i/o on one paging
  dasd. I have found your "data in memory techniques" document, but there is
  no exec for checking ind spaces only qnssmap exec is listed there. But it
  was a good hint. I have created a small exec which does the ind spaces
user
  xxx every minute and writes the result with a timestamp into a file. This
  will let the customer run a few hours and check the results. I will not
  parse the command now because I have zVM 5.2 and I'm not sure if the
command
  output is the same on VM/ESA 2.2. If I have the results available I will
  contact you again.

  regards

  Franz Josef