Here is my solution to send print from RSCS to a Windows printer
named:
'eSCRIP-SAFE Printer on https://xxxxx.xxx-xxxx.us/printers/default'

I have determined the the real printer name on Windows is
"eSCRIP-SAFE Printer" and does not include the URL that it is printing
to.

I have also determined that RSCS truncates the PRINTER= name at the
first space.  It doesn't matter whether the printer name is
enclosed in single quotes:  PRINTER='ESCRIP-SAFE Printer'
This is correct according to Alan Altmark who wrote to me:
"However, using blanks in LPR queue names violates RFC 1179 (LPR), since
blanks are significant to the protocol for 'query' and 'remove' functions."

The vendor and I have tried to change the .inf file for
installation to not have an embedded space.  It seemes that Windows XP SP2
is adding the word "Printer" to the name.

So my solution is to use a third party LPD program called RPM (Remote
Print Manager) from Brooks Internet Software:  http://www.brooksnet.com/
This LPD server allows me to use my own name for the receiving
queue so I chose TRANSCRIPT.  RPM then prints to any Windows
printer no matter how it is named.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 43 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"