On 19 Dec 2006 at 7:48, Les Geer (607-429-3580) wrote:

> >I started an LPR link in RSCS with this command:
> >SMSG RSCS DEFINE PDF01PO  ASTART TYPE LPR FORM *
> >           PARM EXIT=LPRXONE HOST=10.240.1.128 PRINTER=PDF01PO
> >           ITO=0 USER=Y SYS=Y EPARM='S=N FF=N C=LPRCFG'
> >
> >For some reason, after every print job, this
> >printer is stopping. Here is part of the RSCS
> >console. A file was waiting for printing, until
> >VMUTIL sent a START command to the printer.
> >Immediately after printing the file, the printer
> >was again deactivated. (And needed to be
> >STARTed again for the next file, etc etc etc...)
> >

> The ITO=0 parm is causing this.  ITO specifies an inactivity timeout
> period after which the link will automatically drain.  ITO=0 indicates
> to drain immediately once all queued jobs are processed.

Thank you Les. What was bothering me was that ALL of
my LPR links have ITO=0 but they all autostart when
there is a file to be printed, and this one was not.

The problem was that earlier in the day I did
a STOP on that link, and a later START does not
put it back in AST (auto-start) mode.

Now I found in the manual that running a
DEFINE against it with AST will redefine
the link as having the autostart property.

Thank you,
Shimon

**
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.     http://www.poboxes.com/shimonpgp
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 530-9877  fax: 530-9308
**