Daylight Saving Time date change

For VM users who are running on FLEX-ES systems. this may be of interest.

As many of you know, the effective dates for Daylight Saving Time (DST) and
"normal" time changes in 2007 for people in the USA and Canada.  (People in
other countries can stop reading now, this does not affect you.)
If you are running a FLEX-ES system then the underlying UnixWare or Linux
should be updated to reflect these new DST dates.  If you do not update the
DST dates, your system will continue to function properly, but the UnixWare
or Linux displayed dates will be incorrect for several weeks in the spring
and fall, possibly causing some operational confusion.
Cornerstone Systems (with assistance from Fundamental Software) has
packaged the required update files and procedures as a service to our
Cornerstone customers.  As part of our commitment to continuing support for
all FLEX-ES users, we have decided to make this package available to anyone
who wants to use it.  (Normal disclaimers apply, of course.)
If you want to apply this update to your FLEX-ES system, or if you just
want to learn more about the DST date change, you can download the
information, procedures, and needed files from our web site.  Just go to
 http://www.csihome.com/csiforms/zFrame_DayLight2007_Contact.htm
to provide a little tracking information, and that will take you to the
page where you can download a .ISO CDROM image with either UnixWare or
Linux procedures for the update.  Note that the .ISO file is actually
imbedded in or attached to the .PDF file of the instructions, so you only
need to download the appropriate .PDF file and that will include the .ISO
image.

VM users should also update their TIMEZONE_BOUNDARY statements in the
SYSTEM CONFIG to reflect these new dates.

Mike Hammock
Cornerstone Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]