On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 01:05:52PM -0500, David L. Craig wrote:

> DEFFCB doesn't get around the problem.  I just found the
> LOADBUF command writeup and I'm going to try telling it
> to use FCB1.

I started with START cuu FCB FCB1 and that seemed to make
it happy, but later a missing interrupt caused it to drain
followed by an intervention required.  The Barr channel
server needed some care and when I was told it should be
back in service, I did a LOADBUF cuu FCB FCB1 INDEX 01 NOFOLD
(successfully) before I did the START.  This time it seems
to be working.

What I don't understand is why ALL the printers on the channel
server now show:

NOFOLD  IMAGE IMAG3211 CHARS A11  FCB FCB1 INDEX 1  LPP 066

when before IMAGE, CHARS, and FCB were blank.  I didn't do
anything with their FCBs and I don't think CP is smart
enough to know they're all being serviced by the same box. (?)

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg