Don,

Tom provides good info.  If you want technical details, check the z/VM
Migration Guide.  It shows in detail what changed are each level.  It's an
amazing piece of work for which IBM VM Development and IBM Publications
are deserving of many thanks and high praise.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Tom Duerbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
01/12/2007 10:44 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: z/VM 4.4--> 5.2

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/hcsh2a80

The above is the manuals for z/VM 5.2.  Including are Introduction
guide and the Release guide.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/12/2007 10:41 AM >>>
I'll send you a 5.2 PDF presentation, it seems to start from 4.4

2007/1/12, Don Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm still unable to get to the www.vm.ibm.com web site and need some
> information of features/enhancements etc offered by z/VM 5.2 over
4.4.

> We're currently using z/VM 4.4 (32 bit) and I've been asked to
gather
> some information on the benefits of 5.2.
>
> Could somebody please send me some "bullet items"...
> 5.2 is a "fait accompli" and will happen in the next few months, but
> need some highlights...
>
> 64 bit is the thing I'm most aware of, but are there new features in
CMS

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.