I have used access to specific members on SFS disks. If the user can read the file and parse a specific item out of the first record, then could do something special.

Tony Thigpen

-----Original Message -----
 From: Huegel, Thomas
 Sent: 01/22/2007 11:05 AM
I was recently coding some execs that set up things like mdisk links and certain 'privlages' for users within thier 'groups of responsibilty' ie programmers can do programmer type functions supervisors can do programming functions plus certain other supervisor functions etc.

As I was doing this I was thinking 'How many times over the past 30+ years have I done this same type of coding? There must be a better way to identify these different groups than to have tables or files with lists of names.' Then I had an idea this would be a lot easier if there was a z/VM directory entry called USERDATA that would be freeform and queryable ie Q UDATA. That way one could id a user any way he wanted to and use or not use the values.

Does that make sense to anyone else?
Or is there something similiar already there that I have missed?

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com