> I understand the proprietary nature of IUCV and therefore would expect
IB
> to write the OCO device drivers

IUCV isn't hard -- that's been done. It's the dataflow verbs and
SFS/BFS server that are the undocumented bit. If those were ever
documented, I don't think it'd be too long before we had a much better
NFS server for CMS data...8-).

> for *BLOCKIO

*BLOCKIO isn't too bad, actually, as you get to invent your own strategy
for requesting and supplying blocks to and from CP.

If someone didn't have a requirement that Linux run without VM, *BLOCKIO
would have been a much easier method to implement for Linux I/O than the
current model.