We use:  QUERY IPLPARMS

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mary Anne Link
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:34 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: autolog profile exec logic

Does anyone have an autolog profile exec that contains some logic to
autolog different servers based on what system you are on? We are trying
to get to a point where we can quickly copy the res pack to other
systems, and, based on the system config fn specified on salipl, ipl a
copy of that res pack to bring up different systems.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a command that will retrieve the system
name (which I can't seem to find) and then I can start different linux
guests based on that system name.

Also, aside from system config, the tcpip files (which use system name),
the autologs, and having to keep all users in the user direct, can
anyone think of any snags in my plan?

Thanks,
Mary Anne (A VM newbie)

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/