It appears that the RMSMASTR problem I saw last week is either BAD or Working as (poorly) Designed. We normally run with 2 3494 tape robots in separate buildings. When we started testing the new z/9, we only cabled in the least heavily used robot. DGTVCNTL DATA and RMCONFIG DATA each have both of the robots defined, so when RMSMASTR came up, it gave

*FSM2028E* *The* *specified* *subsystem* *does* *not* *exist* *in* *VM* *real*
*IO* *configuration

*and then as the message says:
*System* *Action:*  DFSMS terminates operation.

That seems a little heavy handed to me.

The other message, however, appears to be a problem because it's FSM0505E and the message continues to say "Contact the IBM Support Center...".

Jim
--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University