> I suppose I should complain to IBM
Suppose?  Absolutely you should open an IBM Problem Management Report
(PMR) to report it!  I think...
we don't run the Performance Tool Kit.  Is there a chance that the "FCONX
$PROFILE" is a sample file which is supposed to copied to another
(production) disk, and perhaps even renamed when following the
installation procedures for the first time?

If so, then next step is obvious (copy/update|rename the file).  If it's
actually a production file located on a production disk, they you **may**
have an APAR-able problem.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Lewis, David (SCI TW)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
02/01/2007 10:24 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
SERVICE and PUT2PROD for Performace tool kit.

I suppose I should complain to IBM, but I was wondering if anyone else
had seen this. The short description is that when I used the SERVICE and
PUT2PROD execs to apply the service for PTF UM31957 on user 5VMPTK20 the
FCONX $PROFILE on 1CC got replaced.

It took me awhile to figure out why VMCF and WEBSERV were not working
since I had slept since configuring it. I did not notice in any of the
shipped doc that this would happen. So did I miss something or is this
BAD behavior?

Dave (who is eating my CPU) Lewis

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.