In the directory:
$ALLOC$ has
 MDISK A61 3390 000 001 510W04 R
and MAINT has:
MDISK 127 3390 0000 END 510W04 MR

I was able to cpfmtxa for cyl 0 and was able  to attach the pack
afterwards.
All data in the mini disks is available.

I still do not understand why this happened.

Thank you all for your support ! ! !

Ann Chang
(212) 578 - 8297(O)
(212) 578 - 9877(Fax)

"Rich Smrcina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
02/05/2007 10:27 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Allocation error from dasd

Check diskmap (or a disk mapping tool of your choice) to see if it shows
anything at cyl0 on this disk.  Or allocate a r/o minidisk at cyl0, link
to it and see if anything is there (then you may know who to blame).

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.