>I am trying to set up some automation to try to retry "stuck" LPR
>printing. Currently, every 30 minutes we check the RSCS queues for files
>that are older than 2 hours old and if there are some to have our help
>desk do the following commands on a stuck printer.

Please see url:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/related/rscs/lprsetup.html

Especially step 11, advanced topics, item 3.  How to avoid hung
LPR links using the TIMEOUT= and FILEHOLD= parameters, in
conjunction with a notify link and RSCS events.

FYI, see the z/VM 5.3 RFA for a new Function Level (530) of RSCS
as a priced feature of z/VM with IPLA pricing.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development