Beware a bit: if you issue an ALLOCATE for DRCT, you need to place the CP
directory online again: there are two hex values in the byte map to indicate
the DRCT area: one value means "here is the active directory", the other:
"this is free directory space".  ALLOCATE writes the last one.
No such problems with PAGE or SPOL.

When you chjange the labvels of SPOL/PAGE packs, there is no need to
ALLOCATE again.  You only need to keep the labels in the SYSTEM CONFIG file
in sync.  And don't forget to adapt the minidisks of the place holder users
$PAGE$ and $SPOOL$.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

2007/2/15, Little, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [...]

Okay.  Did so.

> When you relabelled did you re-allocate the page and spool volumes?

If I reallocated, would it initialize the volumes? (I guess no harm in
trying....)

> David

Thanks!