On 2/27/07, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know it requires a (virtual) network connection, but have you
> considered to have syslog write the output 'remote' and catch that on
> VM ?

Syslog can also log to local files/devices, which doesn't require a
external network connection to work. If you have SCIF active, log to
/dev/console. See man page for syslogd.conf for syntax.

Sure, that's what most of us do for a subset of the syslog traffic.
But the point I raised is that the driver of /dev/console does not
write "lines" as such but a stream of bytes. If SCIF captures that you
need to work to construct the original lines again. Let's share the
war stories of screen scraping 3270 data streams with HLLAPI and
friends.

Rob