I'm seeing an issue when I try to change the hostname on cloned SLES10
guests. When making changes to the network config through YaST, I am
able to change the name, but when YaST goes to save the changes, it
hangs on "Write hostname and DNS configuration". It never completes.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know where SuSE stores its
hostname variable (other than /etc/hostname which doesn't appear to be
read by YaST). I can use the "hostname -v <new name>" and change it on
the fly, but it doesn't stick after reboot.

TIA,

Dave Keeton
z/VM & Linux Systems Administrator
SDC Enterprise Systems Group