On Friday, 03/09/2007 at 11:35 EST, Phil Smith III
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm wondering what "priority" means in HELP EXECSTAT:
>
> With the RESident Option:
>
> Code   Meaning
>
> 0      Exec exists in storage. Register 1 contains pointer to the
fileblock.

> 4      Exec exists in storage and there is another one on dasd that has
> higher priority. Register 1 contains a pointer to the fileblock.
>
> I see no description of "priority" there, nor in HELP for EXECMAP or
> EXECLOAD.  I hoped it meant "the copy on disk is newer" but no.

It means that the exec was found in a DCSS (e.g. INSTSEG), but there is a
copy on disk that has a filemode lower in the search order than the
filemode associated with the DCSS.  It's just a warning that the in-memory
copy will not be the one that runs, but "here's the fileblock anyway since
that's what you asked for".

Please submit an RCF if you'd like to see the text changed.