From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On
Behalf Of Lee Stewart
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:54 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: 4.4 & Gigabit (fibre) OSA

Hi all,

I have a 4.4 system that's moving to a new z9 and when they try to
start
the TCP/IP connection through the new OSA gigabit (fiber, not copper),
they get:

DTCOSD055E The amount of input and or output queues supported by this
adapter is insufficient for TCP/IP

And then the link shuts down.  The message says to reconfigure the OSA
card.  The card hasn't been loaded with a static OAT or anything...

I've searched here, IBMLink (APARs or PSP buckets, both hardware and
software) and several other places, but don't see anything.

(Why 4.4 -- Mother says only change one thing at a time.  5.2 is next)

Thanks for any pointers,
Lee

--

Lee Stewart, Senior SE