On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:28:07 -0600, Dave Hansen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello group,
>
>   I found out SCIF changes things.  I logon and I normally don't get an
traffic until I send something to the other virtual machine I am a
secondary
>console for and then I get a response.  Without SCIF I can get my messag
in REXX by issuing a command and then doing a PULL.  However with SCIF I

get
>a VM READ as I watch the message being returned while I am tracing the

exec.  I have used wakeup before and then it captures the 'activity' by

return
>code.  I could spool my console and close it, but then I probably won't

be able to trap the spoolid.  Yes, I could set something unique in the

spool
>name or type.  But this probably isn't the best solution.   Any ideas?
>

>   Thank you,  Dave H.
>========================
=========================
========================

You said, "I could spool my console and close it, but then I probably
won't be able to trap the spoolid."

Actually, that's quite simple (bits extracted from a larger EXEC):

/* Sample output from CP SPOOL CONSOLE CLOSE TO * KEEP

RDR FILE 5953 SENT FROM ACKERMAN CON WAS 5953 RECS 0227 CPY  001 T HOLD
*/

'PIPE cp SPOOL CONSOLE CLOSE TO * KEEP',
'|    append literal  ',

'|    var spooldesc'

parse var spooldesc 'FILE' spid . 'RECS' recs .

'EXEC RECEIVE' spid ofile '(REPLACE'