As far as I know, there wasn't any new CP APAR for multiuser support.
Attaching multiuser will only help in the VM environment, not across
LPARS.
If there was an assign issue, CP would not allow RMS to attach the
drive.  Although, once APAR VM64062 to DFSMS (RMS) comes out, with
a corresponding CP APAR, RMS will no longer attach the drive to
itself to issue a query command.
I do not believe RMS has any access to determine any assign status
of the device.  Unless the ATL returns information on this which
RMS is currently not looking at.
RMS does not look at CP RDEV control blocks.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development