Hi!

Maybe someone has experience in this case and can give some hints.

We try to do a Dataload in z/OS of a DB2-table that we did a DataUnload in
z/VM.

In the z/VM I did:

'PIPE CMS FILEDEF OUTPUT1 DISK KSH4 DATA D4  (RECFM VBS LRECL 236'

Here's the log from the successfull Dataunload:

1ARI0801I DBS Utility started: 03/16/07 09:49:47.
          AUTOCOMMIT = OFF ERRORMODE = OFF
          ISOLATION LEVEL = REPEATABLE READ
0------> DATAUNLOAD
 ------> SELECT *
 ------> FROM KSH4.BTPOST;
 ------> OUTFILE(OUTPUT1)
 ARI0852I DATAUNLOAD processing started.
 ARI0868I DNAME=OUTPUT1 RECFM=U RECSZ=236 BLKSIZE=236
 ARI0836I Default output record data field positions:
 ARI0837I FFDAG 5-14
 ARI0837I FFAR 16-21
.......and so on....

Sending the file to z/OS with FTP

This is the sysin DD-cards for the job in z/OS:

********************************* Top of Data *****************
LOAD DATA RESUME NO REPLACE LOG NO INDDN SYSREC NOCOPYPEND
FORMAT SQL/DS
INTO TABLE     KSH4.X99A0300
******************************** Bottom of Data ***************

This is the result:

T DSNURWBF - AN INVALID SQL/DS FORMAT RECORD WAS ENCOUNTERED
T DSNURWBF - (RE)LOAD PHASE STATISTICS - NUMBER OF INPUT RECORDS
PROCESSED=1
NUGBAC - UTILITY DATA BASE SERVICES MEMORY EXECUTION ABENDED,
REASON=X'00E40323'

The first bytes in the output from the Dataunload looks like this in
Hextype:

00E60000 00E20000 F2F0F0F0 60F0F660 F0F24040
 " W " "  " S " "  2 0 0 0  - 0 6 -  0 2

Without Hextype:

"W"""S""2000-06-02

Maybe this first 4 byte is the problem, any hints?

Best Regards

Bertil Starck
Handelsbanken
CDTI-S