Since our environment is fairly dynamic, what I've done is to let SYSTEM
CONFIG vary on all the devices that are visible to our LPAR, and then parse
through a Q DASD ALL in AUTOLOG1, looking for CP OWNED and CP SYSTEM. Any
other volume I find, I vary offline, keeping my zOS peers happy and off my
case about holding their devices and keeping them from being able to back
up, etc....

In this way, I don't need to keep the devices list up to date in SYSTEM
CONFIG, which was getting up into the hundreds of lines.

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OC-1-13                200 First Street SW