On Thursday, 03/22/2007 at 03:52 CET, Colin Allinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The circumstance I am thinking about is where we have one (limited use)
system
> that has no RACF database and no RACFVM server. RACF would not be
enabled in
> the SYSTEM CONFIG (RACF will not be licensed on this processor so the
code will
> not be installed).

In this case, building the system without the RACF modules is the right
choice, IMO.

The general idea is:
1. Copy your 5vmcp... PPF file to something else.  Don't do an override.
2. Add a new disk to the :DCL section that is where you want the CP nuc to
be written.
3. Remove the LOCALMOD reference from the :MDA section
4. Add your new disk to the :MDA section (before the BASE)
5. Change the CPLOAD entry in the :BLD section to use the new disk instead
of the current value

You should then be able to VMFBUILD with the new PPF and get a current
copy of CP.  After applying CP service, you will have to build the nuc
manually as nothing in SES will know about it or automatically build it.

If you use the $NUC file on MAINT's A-disk after you build a RACF nuc,
you'll want to stash it somewhere or rename it before you VMFBUILD since
it will be replaced.

I haven't tested the above procedure, but I did have the advice of the VM
installation & service folks.  :-)  Any mistakes are mine..er...
Chuckie's...yeah, Chuckie's....