I have found having ICKDSF on the PARM disk to be very helpful when I suddenly found myself without a PAGE disk. I did an IPL from the VM res pack selected the ICKDSF module from the PARM disk, formated a PAGE disk, did a second IPL from the VM res pack this time selecting the CP module and VM cam up. :)

Don't ask what happened to the PAGE pack. :(

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Do you recommend running them from an area within the ZVM PARM
disk(s)?

Well, if things are so far gone that you need the SA tools, then the
parm disks are probably toast too, so while it's useful to have them
there, it doesn't really buy you much, IMHO. You're better off having a
1 pack system that you can restore to a spare volume, then use that to
run the non-SA DDR in parallel to restore the rest of the system. It's a
lot faster.

--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit