Alan,

>On Wednesday, 04/11/2007 at 04:00 AST, Craig Dudley
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> We received these error messages (see below) from our OSA-Exeprss
>device.
>> This device is handled by a VSWITCH virtual machine. My question is
>> should we be opening a ETR ServiceLink or should we ask our FE to
>> look into this (even though the OSA Advanced Facilities don't show
>> any errors)? It only happened once.
>
>I would use that as a hint that you need a second OSA on the VSWITCH and
>then ignore it unless it becomes a habitual problem.  If no operable OSAs
>are found, the VSWITCH will try to restart its primary OSA every 30
>seconds.

Yes - we are working towards that configuration. Some days slower than others.

Now back to the original question - should I open an ETR or should I ask
our FE to look into it? Or should I wait to see if it happens again before I
do one of those things?

I am wondering if this is a precursor to some larger problem.
--
Craig Dudley
Manager, Mainframe Technical Support Group