>       As already replied; DDR cannot restore to a
> disk of
> another device type.  So if your input is on tape,
> you will need to find a system with that type of
> DASD.  I don't know by heart, but may DITTO is able
> to restore DDR tapes to another type of disk.

Hercules seesm to support 9345 devices, and will also
read from real tapes on SCSI so it would be possible
to do this under emulation, provided:-

1) You could find a SCSI drive that will read your
tapes, or get some one to copy the tapes to AWS format
files.

2) you could legally justify it under, say a disaster
recovery clause in an existing license, or have IBM
issue a limited license.

3) you have the minidisk layouts for the packs
concerned we have previously noted VM DASD do not have
VTOCS...

>       If however you have a running system with different
> types of DASD connected, you can use DFSMS COPY to
> copy CMS formatted minidisks from one disk type to
> another (even from CKD to FBA).  DFSMS comes free of
> charge with VM, but it is only installed when you
> explictely do it (DFSMS COPY is high speed, it used
> to be a lot faster than DDR).   If this is your
> case, contact me again, I have some execs to help
> you during such a migration.
>
>       P.S. 9345's were not FBA, but CKD

And they seem to be under 2 gbytes in size so should
not have any issues emulating.