>From developer Tami Zebrowski-Darrow

>From MAINT user id you need to do the following for the component that you
are servicing.  It assumes that you have the prereq PTFs in a
SERVLINK envelope file on MAINTs 500 disk.   If you have tape then do not
use ENV option on VMFREC.   Also for the correct syntax of the
SERVICE RESTART command that you need to use, see the VMFSRV2310W message
in the $VMFSRV $MSGLOG from the original SERVICE failure.  comp and envfn
are variables in the following commands and need to be filled in with the
component that the prereqs are for and the filename of the SERVLINK file
that has the prereq PTFs in it, respectfully.

    ACC 500 C
    VMFSETUP SERVP2P comp  (LINK
    VMFREC PPF SERVP2P comp  (ENV envfn
    VMFSETUP DETACH
    SERVICE RESTART

Tami Zebrowski-Darrow
VMSES/E Service/Support, LP Enablement/Packaging, and Development
Colleen M Brown
IBM z/VM and Related Products Development and Service

Jon Brock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/18/2007 11:03 AM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: SERVICE install problem

Thanks, Mark.  That helped a lot.  (I was looking in the wrong manual
before.)  I *think* I have gotten past this.

Now, on to the next problem.

Thanks,
Jon