From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Sent: 4/19/2007 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Install mistake

Two alternatives:
If you have the tape layout, the you can restore the minidisks one by
one.  I think each minidisk was separately DDRed.

If not: then you need to restore a whole VM and you use the directory
you just showed to extract the minidisks you want and DDR them from the
new packs onto minidisks of your current VM.
e.g.  (after the restore to get MDISK 2C2 3390 3334 004 430W01 )
  LINK 2VMVMV20 2C2 222 M         (current VM)
  ATTACH restored_430W01 * 111
  DDR
  SYS CONS#IN 111 DASD#OUT 222 DASD
  COPY 3334 3337 reorder 0

And, you need more than OSASF 200 and 400: the 2VMVMV20 user contains
the real SW.
As for the link error: in the past, OSA/SF installed a stupid PROFILE
EXEC that tries to link to non-standard minidisk addresses.  No need to
a MAINT 19A for example.  I don't know if this is better in z/VM V5.
--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support