From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Sent: 4/20/2007 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: Best procedure to migrate dedicated VSE volume to VM minidisk

On Apr 20, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Tim Joyce wrote:

Hello,

I am testing procedures to migrate my dedicated VSE volumes to VM full
volume minidisks. I have run into trouble when using DDR to copy my
dedicated 3390 (mod3) pack to the virtual (3390 mod3) volume. I get :

HCPDDR725D SOURCE DASD DEVICE WAS (IS) LARGER THAN OUTPUT DEVICE.

I assume this is because my minidisk is defined a 3338 and the dedicated
pack is 3339 .. is this correct?

I figure many of you have done this is the past and may be able to
suggest the best way to do this.

I think it's just a warning and as long as the last cylinder doesn't
contain data you will be OK. If it *does* contain data, then you have a
problem...

Adam