Hi,

Aplogy for the broad distribution.

I searched the list for people that may have some IXFP experience.

I have none.

The REXX script below is a production script that runs happily.

This volumes will migrate to new disk types not supported by IXFP.

Thus I am looking for experience on how to translate the script below
and parms into some PPRC equivalent?

Basically, the 3 questions A, B and C at the end of this email need
answers which I can not give.

I am a z/OS background.

CATALOG SNAPREXX.PROC            DATA=YES REPLACE=YES

TRACE OFF

RC = SENDCMD('IXFP SNAP,RVA010:BKP010,VOL1=BKP010,NOPROMPT')

CALL SLEEP 20

RC = SENDCMD('IXFP SNAP,RVA011:BKP011,VOL1=BKP011,NOPROMPT')

CALL SLEEP 20

RC = SENDCMD('IXFP SNAP,RVA012:BKP012,VOL1=BKP012,NOPROMPT')

CALL SLEEP 20

   :

   :

   :

RC = SENDCMD('VOLUME A')

CALL SLEEP 10

RC = SENDCMD('VOLUME C')

CALL SLEEP 10

RC = SENDCMD('VOLUME 9')

CALL SLEEP 10

/+

/*

A - What would be the most appropriate VSE script commands for :

    - FASTCOPY

    - VSAM/IDCAMS

    - ICKDSF

    - ...

B - What need to be done in theses VSE command for parameters for:

    - Volumes source

    - Volumes target

    - VolumeID=xxxxxx

which are present in the current script?

C - How do we make sure the source Vol-ID is set onto the target Vol-ID
when the physical copy ends?

    - ICKDSF

    - ...

Runs on IBM system z/800 @500Mips, FICON, z/VSE v3.xx, volumes are ECKD
3390-3.

Note:

With z/VSE v3.1 and z/VSE v4.1, product IXFP/SnapShot (feature 5686-066)
and VSE/VSAM for VM 61 (feature 5686-081) can not be ordered anymore.