I am not using SERVICE and PUT2PROD, I am doing it the long way.  This
is so I can learn what the heck service actually does.  In the Service
Guide, it does not address TCPIP..  So you are saying you basically do
the same steps as any other component and the order in which you service
TCPIP is not important?

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Dept of Administration - OT
304-558-5914 ext 8885
Fax 304-558-1351

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 4/30/2007 9:28 AM >>>
I'd say that SERVICE would do what is required.  The service manual
should
document the RSU install steps.

Diehards like me:
1. map the RSU (tape or enveloppe file) so you know which products
have
service.
    VMFINS INSTALL INFO      <(ENV fn>
2. VMFSETUP 5VMCTP10 TCPIP <(LINK>     (LINK if from MAINT for
example)
3. VMFPSU 5VMTCP10 TCPIP              (to compare your fixes with the
RSU)
4. VMFMRDSK 5VMTCP10 TCPIP APPLY    (create a fallback level)
5. VMFINS INSTALL PPF 5VMTCP10 TCPIP (NOMEMO OVERRIDE NO <LINK> <ENV
fn>
Required if you'd have service not on the RSU (else it will not harm):
6. VMFAPPLY PPF 5VMTCP10 TCPIP
7. VMFBLD PPF 5VMTCP10 TCPIP (serviced

--
Kris Buelens,