On Monday, 05/07/2007 at 09:28 CET, "Ian S. Worthington"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I issue it from the command line it's fine:
>
> A ;B  -- invokes two execs A and B
> A `;B -- invokes the exec A passing ;B as an argument
>
> I'm not familiar with the diag() interface though.  Could that be
causing
> problems?

I would say that TRACE is broken.  Call it in.  In an exec you should be
able to enter the command without any consideration for LINEND.  In fact,
if you want LINENDs, you have to code 0x15 yourself.

And if entered from the console:
  #CP TERM LINEND ;
  ;CP TRACE ... CMD D T0.8""";BASE1
should work.  It doesn't.

I notice that if you set the CMD with the LINEND OFF (anything except ;),
issue the TRACE (from an exec), and then turn LINEND back to a semicolon,
it works as you DON'T expect.  Note the difference with SET PF.  SET PF
stores the input string as-is, interpreting on execution, not "set".