On May 8, 2007, at 3:39 AM, Rob van der Heij wrote:
Turns out that something is doing an undetermined amount of buffering
(and yes, I learned that I can set the "$|" variable (?) to change
that).

Which is *perfectly intuitive*. $, because it's a scalar variable, and "|", because you use it with pipes specifically to control whether the filehandle is buffered or unbuffered. How could it *BE* any more obvious?

Well, except by its also being called $OUTPUT_AUTOFLUSH, I mean.

But hey, Perl gives your keyboard a good and thorough workout, even those keys that usually get little play!

Adam