I set up SecondLife the day before without any problems.  Walking around

the virtual displays was a nice idea that would have been better if there

had been more novel stuff to look at.  Most was just reading info
placards, but there was the occasional cabinet door to open and look
inside the hardware if that excites you.  People less familiar with the

subject matter I'm sure got a lot more benefit out of it, and that seemed

to be the case based the reaction of some of other virtual participants.

Listening to the live presentation was fine, but the slides took too long

to download enough detail to become legible (even on a speedy cable
modem).  Frequently the presenter went on to the next slide before the

current one was legible.  The slides will (eventually) be posted on the

web, but the presentation suffered.  On a brighter note I did get to see

information on some of the slides that live attendees apparently couldn't

read because of the color choices on the slides.

The virtual IBMers that were there were helpful and friendly, and the
opportunity to interact with them was probably the best feature.

Brian Nielsen