Kris, (and others) thanks for the reply.  I've got the rexx EXEC working.
I also have the BFSLIST package - very useful.
I've run into a problem when using VMNFS with intel Linux. We run UDB on
iLinux and therefore run backups from the UDB control center.  My DBA says
we run a table space full backup.  I am able to mount a BFS type directory
via VMNFS.  I am able to write files to this area both via the Linux
command line and X-window gui (drag and drop).  This all works fine.  When
we try to do the backup to the mounted BFS directory, it opens the file
it's going to write and that's it, the back up hangs.  The backup works
fine when writing to a directory on the same Linux box or on a CIFS
mounted directory.  It won't work with VMNFS.  I've checked permission's
and such but may have over looked something.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve G.

Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/23/2007 05:34 AM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System