On 8 Jun 2007 at 9:48, Sue Farrell wrote:

> You should also specify AUTORESTART on the OSD DEVICE statement.  If the
> OSA gets the signal back it will send a "Start LAN" to the host.  With
> AUTORESTART in effect, the host will bring the device back up.

I know that the TCPIP on the Other/System is not the same
as ours (any more), but something here looks a bit strange.

On z/OS we have 2 OSA connections to the lan,
with DEVICE statements that say NOAUTORESTART.
In the miscellaneous options we have MULTIPATH.

In the event of a crash, this seems to cause z/OS to
automatically *transfer* the IP of the crashed OSA
to the one that stays up. (I have not managed to find this
behavior mentioned in the z/OS docs, but I watched it
happen).

Is VM capable of doing this too? The z/OS is running in
its own physical box w/o VM, vswitches, or VIPA.

Shimon

Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.     http://www.poboxes.com/shimonpgp
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308